October 20, 2010

Bridge of Taiwan (IV)

To publicize the beauty of Taiwan’s bridges, Chunghwa Post has previously issued three sets of stamps in its “Bridges of Taiwan” series, featuring the bridges of northern, central, and southern Taiwan respectively. Now Chunghwa Post is following up with a fourth set of four stamps on bridges of eastern Taiwan.

Their designs follow:
Lizejian Bridge, Yilan (NT$5): Spanning the Dongshan River, Lizejian Bridge was originally a reinforced concrete bridge named Jiejing (which means “Shortcut”) Bridge. To accommodate water sport competitions at the Dongshan River Water Park, the bridge was rebuilt as a single-arch bridge without any piers and renamed Lizejian Bridge. Opened to traffic in June of 1992, the bridge has a total length of 148 meters, a width of 22 meters, and a top-of-the-arch height of 26 meters. Like a rainbow arching over green water, the bridge has become a Dongshan River landmark.

Taroko Bridge, Hualien (NT$5): The Taroko Bridge has five light-blue steel-arch spans over the Liwu River. The main spans are located in Xiulin Township, Hualien County. Opened to traffic in February of 2002, the bridge is 1,248 meters in length (including 512 meters of steel spans and 736 meters of pre-stressed concrete viaducts) and 20.8 to 29.6 meters in width. The height of its tallest arch is 25 meters. There are four spaces for lifescape sculptures where the main spans meet the viaduct sections of the bridge. Imbued with local character, the beautiful bridge has become one of Hualien’s most recognizable landmarks.

Hongye Bridge, Taitung (NT$12): Spanning the Luye River, Hongye Bridge is located in Hongye Village at 400 meters above sea level. It provides the principal access from the village to Luye Township and Taoyuan Village. Opened to traffic in March of 2000, the bridge has a total length of 133 meters, a width of 10 meters, and a height of 10 meters. The dark-red steel-arch bridge is beautifully set off against the surrounding mountain greenery and murmuring river.

Pudu Bridge
, Hualien (NT$15): Spanning the Liwu River, Pudu Bridge, located in the Tianxiang recreation area of the Taroko National Park, is the only footbridge from the Central Cross-Island Highway to the Xiangde Temple. Originally a suspension bridge, it was later rebuilt as a cable-stayed steel one. Completed in October of 2003, the bridge has a total length of 88 meters, a width of 3 meters, and a height of 15 meters. Surrounded by strikingly beautiful green mountains and spanning a spectacular deep gorge, the beauty of Pudu Bridge is heaven sent.

Stamp Issue: 2010-10-20

Technical Monuments - Historic bridge in Písek


The Stone Bridge in Písek (also known as the Stag Bridge) is the oldest still standing stone bridge in Bohemia. The bridge, spanning the Otava river, was the second stone bridge in Bohemia (after the already not existing Judith bridge in Prague). The exact date of its building is unknown, but the style is gothic. It was first mentioned in writing in 1348 when Charles IV ordered the town councillors to use fines collected in the town for maintenance of the bridge. A couple of gates with towers protected the bridge as well as the present historic town centre on either side. The left-hand tower was destroyed by the flood of 1768, the other one succumbed to wear and tear in 1825. The bridge is adorned by copies of the original, mostly 18th century baroque sculptures and the Cavalry. The 6.5m wide structure, slightly bulging up the river, consists of six arches spanning 111 metres, built on pillars with an upward save edge. The normal height above the water level is 5.5m. As one of the few medieval bridges, still standing and used in Central Europe, the stone bridge is a unique rarity.



Stamp Issue: 2010-10-20

Technical Monuments - Cable-stayed bridge in Ústí nad Labem


Cable-stayed bridge - Mariánský Bridge in Ústí nad Labem, designed by the renowned architecture studio Roman Koucký, is one of the most distinctive and disputed projects built in the post-November 1989 Czech Republic. Following years of lengthy discussions about location of the bridge, the city councillors decided to place it under the Mariánská Rock, a site best suited for the bridge's main role, i.e. combining the city's three quarters - the city centre, Krásné Březno on the left bank and Střekov on the right bank of the Labe river. The 70m high bridge was built in 1993 to 1998 and became the city's new dominant. The height is not the only feature attracting the attention of people: the impossible-to-overlook system of steel cables suspending the 170m long bridge is similarly provoking. The architect designed the number of cables, the height and shape of the pylon not only with respect to static but also to his artistic visions. For instance, the height of the pylon was to counterbalance the Mariánská Rock on the other side of the river. It also matches the height of the tower of the gothic church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary nearby.


According to the Structural Engineering International (SEI), quarterly Journal of the International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering (IABSE), it is one of the ten most beautiful 1990s world buildings. It has also become the most expensive local project in the area of transport infrastructure since 1948, financed by a city. The city had to postpone the project of reconstruction of the Mírové Square and other projects. Last year the bridge changed its owners: it has become the property of the Road and Motorway Directorate of the Czech Republic since June 26th, 2008.

Stamp Issue: 2010-10-20

September 27, 2010

Anniversary of Tudela and the monastery of Sant Cugat

With the issue of two stamps commemorating the 1200 anniversary of the founding of Tudela (Navarra) and the Millennium of the monastery of Sant Cugat (Barcelona).

Although there is evidence of the existence of a Roman settlement in Tudela, confirmed by the discovery of the mosaic of The Ramalete, the real founders of the capital of the Bank Merindad the Arabs, namely Ibn al-Muwallad Amrus, a representative of the Emir of Cordoba. The city of Tudela, since its conquest by Alfonso the Battler, highlighted as a model of religious coexistence equilibrium and integrating cultures. It remained to be expelled Jews and Moors in 1498 to 1610.

Stamp Issue: 2002-04-15

200 Anniversary of the Engineering School of Civil Engineering and Port

It commemorates the second anniversary of the founding of the Engineering School of Civil Engineering and Port to issue a souvenir sheet and an independent label. The momentum of public works took on Spain in the early nineteenth century necessitated the creation of the School of Civil Engineering, opened in 1802. The promoter of the idea was Agustin de Betancourt, who is considered father of civil engineering in our country. Born in Puerto de la Cruz (Tenerife) in 1758. Of good education and with a great capacity for science and mechanical arts, he studied at the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Madrid, where he acquired a solid knowledge of mathematics, physics and drawing. For his great skill, was entrusted with studying the operation of the mercury mines of Almaden and won a scholarship to study mining engineering in Paris. Their work covers many different areas of science, such as "fire bomb" or steam engine double acting, hydraulic, electrical and optical telegraphy. He performed in major public works of the era and its ideas, outlined in a document of 1803 the Minister of State under the title News about the state of roads and waterways of Spain, became the program of actions for the coming years. In 1807 he left Spain and after passing through Paris was established in St. Petersburg (Russia), where he died in 1824.

Studies of Civil Engineers began in 1802 in the palace of the Buen Retiro (Madrid). In the first group left five students. After several interruptions, in 1834 the school finally opened under the direction of José Agustín de Larramendi. He stepped down Juan Suberco, who expanded and improved the curriculum and raising the scientific level of the station at the height of the most prestigious of the time. In the souvenir sheet, consisting of three stamps, reproduce Tui International Bridge, which links to Valença do Minho (Portugal), Strait Dam Bridge (Lorca) and the Port of Musel (Gijón). In the vignette is a picture of Agustín de Betancourt.

Stamp Issue: 2003-03-21

ARCHITECTURE

The Bizkaia bridge is a striking civil work inaugurated in 1893. Its author was engineer Alberto de Palacio, disciple of Eiffel. It was the first bridge in the world with a transporter suspended above the river. It is an exponent of the iron Architecture and is still in use.

Stamp Issue: 2007-04-26

EXPO ZARAGOZA 2008

The International Exhibition Zaragoza 2008 whose main theme is water and sustainable development will take place in Zaragoza from the 14th June to the 14th September. Correos has already issued a stamp depicting the logo and mascot of the Expo Zaragoza 2008, and on this occasion the stamp in this issue depicts the Bridge-Pavillion and Water Tower (Pabellón Puente and Torre del Agua), two architectural compounds which will be left for posterity as landmarks of this International Exhibition.

The Pabellon Puente (Bridge-Pavillion) is the work of Iraqi architect Zaha Hadid and the engineering company Arup. It is a slim building slightly curved resting on the banks of the river Ebro and a central island in its waters. It has an organic shape that criss-crosses and resembles a gladiola or diamond opening and closing like a natural element. The bridge goes from side to side, on mounds descending gently toward the banks. It is one of the most significant buildings of the exhibition and will allow visitors to access three different exhibition areas providing a smooth transition between the city across ramps planted with gardens and the Conference Centre (Palacio de Congresos). 

Another of the most relevant buildings of the exhibition is the Water Tower (Torre del Agua) work of architect Enrique de Teresa, which will house the exposition “Water for Life”. It is a glass building 76 m. high that looked at from above resembles a drop of water The building has two differentiated areas : base and tower. The base is made up of three floors, two of which are underground and the ground floor above. The base includes the column of the tower, which rises to a height of 70 metres above ground level. The façade comprises a glazed curtain wall and at the entrance there’s a water fountain and a sculpture called “Splash“. 

Stamp Issue: 2008-02-22

EXPO ZARAGOZA 2008

The souvenir sheet is made up of three stamps and depicts an aerial view of the scale model of the Expo compound. One of the stamps depicts de Pabellón-Puente (Bridge-Pavilion) with a slender, organic, pleated shape which is one of the main entrances to the Exhibition. On the left hand side stands one of the six Themed Plazas on Aquatic inspirations. This space is located between the Bridge Pavilion and the Third Millennium Bridge. It is the only Themed Plaza where a large-scale show will take place instead of an exhibition. It is a shell shaped building with a bioclimatic design specially made to host the show “El Hombre Vertiente“. The other five Themed Plazas are built along the banks of the Ebro River and are called: Extreme water, recreating a breaking wave, aiming at making visitors conscientious of the perils of water; the Thirst Plaza gives a new perspective to thirst by portraying it as progress and the driving force behind the development of extraordinary techniques, culture and knowledge. The Oikos, water and energy plaza is an exposition facility in the open air (mostly) designed to show the visitor that it is possible to transform and store energy using the technology we have available in a manner that shows respect for the environment, is cheap, available to everyone, and which maintains our level of well-being. The Cities of Water Plaza is an exposition installation, with no walls, and its contents are visible from outside. Its main process refers to water as an “urban resource”, underlining the great value of this natural element in the process of improving quality of life in cities. The importance of a change of attitude among citizens to revalue the relationship of water in the city is highlighted. The last of the plazas, Shared water is structured in five different parts and encourages new thinking on shared water management. On the background of the souvenir sheet are depicted pavilions and infrastructures of the Expo.

Stamp Issue: 2008-07-04

ARQUITECTURA 2009

The Puente de los Tilos, is a bridge built by engineers Santiago Pérez-Fadón Martinez and José Emilio Herrero Beneítez and their team near San Andrés y Sauces in the island of La Palma (Canary Islands). It was inaugurated on the 18th December 2004 and it consists of a 255m span arch. The arch and spandrel piers are made of high resistance concrete. The length of the bridge is 357 m and stands more than 150m high over the del Agua gully. With this bridge, the authors broke the span record in the building of concrete arches in Spain.

The Canal de Castilla is one of the most important civil engineering constructions in Spain. It was built as a means of communication for the region of Tierra de Campos so that agricultural produce could be transported along the canal to the northern sea ports. It was finished by 1849 and has an inverted Y shape with a total length of 270 km running through the provinces of Palencia, Burgos and Valladolid. With the arrival of the train, the canal lost its purpose as a means of communication and became an irrigation channel in 1909. Since 1972 the Hydrographic Confederation of the Duero River is in charge of its management and maintenance.


 Stamp Issue: 2009-09-09

September 24, 2010

Girder bridge

The next issue of the series “Architectural constructions. Bridges” is devoted to the girder bridges. Bridges with frameworks, the main load-carrying structures of which are beams or girders, are the most widespread in a modern bridge building. They are used in complex road interchanges. Distinctive feature of the girder system is that only vertical loads are transferred from the bridge superstructures to the piers and horizontal one are absent. Load transfer is carried out by a flexural element of a construction. Bridge structure depends on the size of overlapping of superstructures, the load on the bridge and the intensity of movement.


Depicted on the stamps:  
  1. Jubilee Bridge over the River Volga in Yaroslavl 
  2. Bridge across the Moscow Canal in the village Khlebnikovo Moscow region 
  3. Viaduct over the valley of the river Matsesta in Sochi 
  4. Bridge across the Kola Bay in Murmansk. 
Stamp Issue: 2010-09-15

Arched bridges

Arched bridge is a bridge with spans bearing arches as the main load-carrying structures.
The main peculiarities of arched bridges are that their thrust is not only vertical, but also horizontal and arches predominantly work for pressure. Arched bridges are usually constructed for ride at their upper side; their construction is light and they are architecturally bright.

Stamps represent vivid examples of such bridges in Russia:
  1. Sartakov bridge across Oka river in Nizhny Novgorod;
  2. Bridge across Irtysh river in Khanty-Mansiysk;
  3. Viaduct across the valley of Matsesta river in Sochi;
  4. Bridge across Don river in Rostov-na-Donu.
Stamp Issue: 2009-08-12

Cable-stayed bridge

Cable-stayed bridge - the type of suspension bridge, which consists of one or more of the pylons, connected with the road through a straight wire ropes - rigging. The advantage of these bridges - the relative immobility of the roadway, which makes them suitable as a rail. This is one of the most economical designs of bridges. It is widely distributed in the world. 

  
On the stamps are clear examples of bridges of this type in Russia:
  1. Big Obukhovsky bridge in St. Petersburg,
  2. Picturesque bridges in Moscow, 
  3. The bridge across. Ob (Surgut), 
  4. Bridge across. Volga (Kimry).
 Stamp Issue: 2008-11-28 

September 22, 2010

750 years of Tczew

Polish Post has issued on the occasion of the 750th value Tczew anniversary of granting civic rights. The first mention of this village date back to the 1198th. Burned down in 1577 the fault of the troops Stefan Batory Foundation, the reconstruction of the effects of the war hit him with Sweden.

In the nineteenth century saw the rapid development of infrastructure. In the interwar period was built the first school in Poland sea. At the moment Tczew has 60,232 people. The biggest attractions include the stamp should be visible on the nineteenth-century bridge over the Vistula River (837 m), the Gothic Church of the Holy Cross in the thirteenth century with a baroque interior, and the neo-Gothic town hall of the early twentieth century (see in the FDC).

Stamp Issue: 2010-05-27
number 4336

September 21, 2010

Aleksander Gierymski - painter

Alexander Gierymski (born January 30, 1850 in Warsaw, died in the period between 6-8 March 1901 in Rome) - Polish painter, representative of realism in painting, Polish precursor of Impressionism.


Gierymski images created in Warsaw period, as "Orange Woman", "A gate in the Old Town", "Marina in Solec", "Trumpets", "Sandblaster" (1887), and other topics are taken from the Vistula and the poor living Town. Great work with the Warsaw period has not found sufficient understanding in contemporary Polish society. He misunderstood and unappreciated in his homeland, deprived of the means of subsistence, he left Warsaw in 1888 and went abroad.

Stamp Issue: 1959-06-29
number 962

Poniatowski Bridge in Warsaw

Originally built between 1904 and 1914, it was damaged in each of the World Wars and rebuilt afterwards.
The 506 m long steel bridge, consisting of eight spans, was designed by Stefan Szyller. Its construction, started in 1904, was supervised by engineers Mieczysław Marszewski and Wacław Paszkowski.


Stamp Issue: 1966-09-15

number 1560
 
Between 1963 and 1966 the bridge was widened, a tram track was separated from the carriageway and the bridge was connected to the "Wisłostrada" expressway on the left bank of the Vistula by means of a long looping sloped roadway section which reminded some contemporary commentators of a snail's shell.


Issue: 1970-05-08

Cp 438

August 21, 2010

150 Anniversary of the rail-road bridge in Tczew

Preparations for building the first iron bridge had been going during 1844-1845. The foundation stone was laid July 27, 1851 year by Frederick William IV.

The first train ran on the 12 October 1857 year. Most numbering 837 m in length, resting on seven pillars, was the longest in Europe and one of the largest in the world. Portals of the bridge was decorated with reliefs depicting among other Winrich von Kniprode, receiving the homage of the Duke of Lithuania Kiejstutis.



In the years 1888-1891 at a distance of 30 meters a second bridge was built only by rail. At that time, the older of the bridge turned into a road. Originally, both bridges were shorter than today, because the embankment was located closer to the riverbed. In 1912 he moved toward the shaft Lisewa, an extension of the bridges and outbuildings were built with a common gate. Both bridges are all the possible technical solutions of construction for the construction of bridges in the art from the nineteenth century.

Stamp Issue: 2007-10-12
Cp 1442

July 5, 2010

Guangji Bridge



Guangji Bridge, also known as Xiangzi Bridge, first built in 1171, spans over a river in the east of Chaozhou City, Guangdong Province. An outstanding model in combining beam bridge, floating bridge and arch bridge, the structure features 24 piers at the eastern and western section, which support pavilions varying from one another. The central part of the bridge is formed by 18 shuttle-shaped boats connected appearance, characterized by an integration of girders and boats as well as an array of elegant pavilions in traditional styles. Representing the struggling spirit and persevering fortitude of the local people of many generations, Guangji Bridge is considered an important historical milestone of the Chaozhou culture as well as an artistic embodiment of the Chinese civilization.

Stamp Issue: 2009-11-16

June 21, 2010

1000 years Kłodzko

Gothic bridge the stream called "Młynówka", duct departing from Nysa Klodzka one of the oldest buildings of its kind in the region. It is one of the nine bridges connecting the oldest part of the old town center Kłodzko, site of the former borough, located on Sand Island.


The bridge is a four-span arch structure were built of hewn sandstone, has a length of 52.20 and approximately 4 meters wide, is limited by massive stone balustrades, richly decorated with sculptures of saints and crucifixes. It has two abutments and three pillars. The two extremes are narrower shape of the pointed arch arcade. The most interesting is the central pillar. The bridge above the base has six ribs, on which rests a flat platform in the shape of the incomplete star, who was specially prepared for the construction of the chapel, which was not finally.

Issue: 1981-05-21
Cp 783

May 28, 2010

25th Anniversary of CEPT - Portugal

In 1984 CEPT (Conference Europeenne des Administrations des Postes et des Telecomunications) celebretes its 25th annversary. The CEPT was formed in 1959 in Montreux in Switzerland and it is an organization at administrative level.



The CEPT member countries issue EUROPA stamps every year with a common theme. For the 25th anniversary they also have the same motif: a bridge symbolizing communications, exchange and connection.


Stamp Issue: 1984-05-05

April 27, 2010

25th Anniversary of CEPT - Germany

In 1984 CEPT (Conference Europeenne des Administrations des Postes et des Telecomunications) celebretes its 25th annversary. The CEPT was formed in 1959 in Montreux in Switzerland and it is an organization at administrative level.


The CEPT member countries issue EUROPA stamps every year with a common theme. For the 25th anniversary they also have the same motif: a bridge symbolizing communications, exchange and connection.


Stamp Issue: 1984-05-08

25th Anniversary of CEPT - Greece

In 1984 CEPT (Conference Europeenne des Administrations des Postes et des Telecomunications) celebretes its 25th annversary. The CEPT was formed in 1959 in Montreux in Switzerland and it is an organization at administrative level.


The CEPT member countries issue EUROPA stamps every year with a common theme. For the 25th anniversary they also have the same motif: a bridge symbolizing communications, exchange and connection.

Stamp Issue: 1984-04-30

March 30, 2010

25th Anniversary of CEPT - Norway

In 1984 CEPT (Conference Europeenne des Administrations des Postes et des Telecomunications) celebretes its 25th annversary. The CEPT was formed in 1959 in Montreux in Switzerland and it is an organization at administrative level.


The CEPT member countries issue EUROPA stamps every year with a common theme. For the 25th anniversary they also have the same motif: a bridge symbolizing communications, exchange and connection.


Stamp Issue: 1984-04-30

25th Anniversary of CEPT - San Marino

In 1984 CEPT (Conference Europeenne des Administrations des Postes et des Telecomunications) celebretes its 25th annversary. The CEPT was formed in 1959 in Montreux in Switzerland and it is an organization at administrative level.


The CEPT member countries issue EUROPA stamps every year with a common theme. For the 25th anniversary they also have the same motif: a bridge symbolizing communications, exchange and connection.

Stamp Issue: 1984-04-27

25th Anniversary of CEPT - Turkey

In 1984 CEPT (Conference Europeenne des Administrations des Postes et des Telecomunications) celebretes its 25th annversary. The CEPT was formed in 1959 in Montreux in Switzerland and it is an organization at administrative level.


The CEPT member countries issue EUROPA stamps every year with a common theme. For the 25th anniversary they also have the same motif: a bridge symbolizing communications, exchange and connection.

Stamp Issue: 1984-04-30

25th Anniversary of CEPT - Island

In 1984 CEPT (Conference Europeenne des Administrations des Postes et des Telecomunications) celebretes its 25th annversary. The CEPT was formed in 1959 in Montreux in Switzerland and it is an organization at administrative level.


The CEPT member countries issue EUROPA stamps every year with a common theme. For the 25th anniversary they also have the same motif: a bridge symbolizing communications, exchange and connection.

Stamp Issue: 1984-05-03

25th Anniversary of CEPT - Ireland

In 1984 CEPT (Conference Europeenne des Administrations des Postes et des Telecomunications) celebretes its 25th annversary. The CEPT was formed in 1959 in Montreux in Switzerland and it is an organization at administrative level.


The CEPT member countries issue EUROPA stamps every year with a common theme. For the 25th anniversary they also have the same motif: a bridge symbolizing communications, exchange and connection.

Stamp Issue: 1984-05-10

March 28, 2010

25th Anniversary of CEPT - Italia

In 1984 CEPT (Conference Europeenne des Administrations des Postes et des Telecomunications) celebretes its 25th annversary. The CEPT was formed in 1959 in Montreux in Switzerland and it is an organization at administrative level.



The CEPT member countries issue EUROPA stamps every year with a common theme. For the 25th anniversary they also have the same motif: a bridge symbolizing communications, exchange and connection.

Stamp Issue: 1984-05-04

25th Anniversary of CEPT - Sweden

In 1984 CEPT (Conference Europeenne des Administrations des Postes et des Telecomunications) celebretes its 25th annversary. The CEPT was formed in 1959 in Montreux in Switzerland and it is an organization at administrative level.



The CEPT member countries issue EUROPA stamps every year with a common theme. For the 25th anniversary they also have the same motif: a bridge symbolizing communications, exchange and connection.

Stamp Issue: 1984-02-09

25th Anniversary of CEPT - Spain

In 1984 CEPT (Conference Europeenne des Administrations des Postes et des Telecomunications) celebretes its 25th annversary. The CEPT was formed in 1959 in Montreux in Switzerland and it is an organization at administrative level.


The CEPT member countries issue EUROPA stamps every year with a common theme. For the 25th anniversary they also have the same motif: a bridge symbolizing communications, exchange and connection.


Stamp Issue: 1984-05-05

25th Anniversary of CEPT - Nederland

In 1984 CEPT (Conference Europeenne des Administrations des Postes et des Telecomunications) celebretes its 25th annversary. The CEPT was formed in 1959 in Montreux in Switzerland and it is an organization at administrative level.



The CEPT member countries issue EUROPA stamps every year with a common theme. For the 25th anniversary they also have the same motif: a bridge symbolizing communications, exchange and connection.


Stamp Issue: 1984-05-22

25th Anniversary of CEPT - Monaco

In 1984 CEPT (Conference Europeenne des Administrations des Postes et des Telecomunications) celebretes its 25th annversary. The CEPT was formed in 1959 in Montreux in Switzerland and it is an organization at administrative level.



The CEPT member countries issue EUROPA stamps every year with a common theme. For the 25th anniversary they also have the same motif: a bridge symbolizing communications, exchange and connection.

Stamp Issue: 1984-05-10

25th Anniversary of CEPT - Malta

In 1984 CEPT (Conference Europeenne des Administrations des Postes et des Telecomunications) celebretes its 25th annversary. The CEPT was formed in 1959 in Montreux in Switzerland and it is an organization at administrative level.



The CEPT member countries issue EUROPA stamps every year with a common theme. For the 25th anniversary they also have the same motif: a bridge symbolizing communications, exchange and connection.

25th Anniversary of CEPT - Yugoslavia

In 1984 CEPT (Conference Europeenne des Administrations des Postes et des Telecomunications) celebretes its 25th annversary. The CEPT was formed in 1959 in Montreux in Switzerland and it is an organization at administrative level.



The CEPT member countries issue EUROPA stamps every year with a common theme. For the 25th anniversary they also have the same motif: a bridge symbolizing communications, exchange and connection.

Stamp Issue: 1984-04-30

25th Anniversary of CEPT - Isle of Man

In 1984 CEPT (Conference Europeenne des Administrations des Postes et des Telecomunications) celebretes its 25th annversary. The CEPT was formed in 1959 in Montreux in Switzerland and it is an organization at administrative level.



The CEPT member countries issue EUROPA stamps every year with a common theme. For the 25th anniversary they also have the same motif: a bridge symbolizing communications, exchange and connection.

Stamp Issue: 1984-04-27

25th Anniversary of CEPT - Luxembourg

In 1984 CEPT (Conference Europeenne des Administrations des Postes et des Telecomunications) celebretes its 25th annversary. The CEPT was formed in 1959 in Montreux in Switzerland and it is an organization at administrative level.



The CEPT member countries issue EUROPA stamps every year with a common theme. For the 25th anniversary they also have the same motif: a bridge symbolizing communications, exchange and connection.


Stamp Issue: 1984-05-07