Originally built between 1904 and 1914, it was damaged in each of the World Wars and rebuilt afterwards.
The 506 m long steel bridge, consisting of eight spans, was designed by Stefan Szyller. Its construction, started in 1904, was supervised by engineers Mieczysław Marszewski and Wacław Paszkowski.
Stamp Issue: 1966-09-15
Between 1963 and 1966 the bridge was widened, a tram track was separated from the carriageway and the bridge was connected to the "Wisłostrada" expressway on the left bank of the Vistula by means of a long looping sloped roadway section which reminded some contemporary commentators of a snail's shell.