Bridge across the Danube river, near Beška, (1975)
Academician Branko Žeželj was its author and main planner. It is a road bridge 2250 meters long, made of reinforced concrete. The main continuous construction of the bridge is over three fields, with a central navigation whole of 210 meters in span, which was at the time of its construction the largest span of beam systems in Europe. The main construction of the bridge is composed of cantilevers. A new system of setting in concrete of the main bearer was applied for the first time on this bridge. The plans of the bridge were done in the Center for reinforced concrete - „IMS“, Belgrade.
New railway bridge across the Sava river in Belgrade, (1979)
Academicians Nikola Hajdin and Ljubomir Jeftović were its authors and main planners. It is a steel bridge with oblique cables of 1928 meters lenght in total. The central part of its construction is a steel formation above the river with a navigable span of 253,70 meters. The pillars are 50 meters high and are disposed in the axis of the main bearers, while the construction of the main bearers is supported with cables disposed on both sides on 51,85+51,0 m distance. This bridge was erected by this construction system as the first railway bridge in the world. The plans of the bridge were done in „Mostoprojekt“, Belgrade.
Road bridge „Most Slobode“ across the Danube river in Novi Sad, (1981)
Academician Nikola Hajdin was its author and main planner. It is a steel bridge with oblique cables of 1312 meters length in total. The main navigable span of the bridge is 351 meters, which was, at the time of its erecting, a world record related to this system of construction. The pillars are 57,80 meters high and they are disposed symmetrically in relation to the span of the bridge, in the center of the cross section. The total width of the bridge is 27,68 meters with a six - lane road, three in each direction. The plans of the bridge were done in the Institute „Kirilo Savić“, Belgrade, cooperator „Prednapregnuti beton“, Belgrade. The bridge was destroyed in 1999, during NATO bombing. It was reconstructed and put again into operation in 2005. The main contractor for all three above mentioned bridges was „Mostogradnja“, Belgrade.
Stamp Issue: 2011-06-20